Kennettworld

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Finding alternative routes....

Kennettworld: Kennettworld
As I drove into work this morning, I passed a big Yellow AA sign, saying that next Wednesday, the High Street in Billericay would be closed from 5:30 pm onwards, because the High Street was having a "Fun Night".

All I could think of was having to find an alternative route home.....

I didn't really want to give a thought to the adults and children who would be much safer because no cars were around....

All I could consider in that moment was my own inconvenience....

I wonder just how many times parts of God's plans in our lives have to be re-routed, because of the work He is doing in someone else's life? How often do we glibly say "Use me, Lord", when in fact, that gives Him permission to put US out, rather than someone else?

Sometimes that means standing by when someone else gets the credit, and practising patience with a zipped mouth.

Sometimes that means chilling out, and letting things go, instead of holding onto them with the tantrums of a three-year-old, claiming to have far more significance than anyone else.

And when things don't always go our way, then maybe once in a while we practice finding an alternative route home.....

Pat's thought for the day:
When Christ said that He is "The Way, The Truth and The Life", He didn't specify that "The Way" would necessarily be in a straight line...

2 Comments:

  • Great thoughts Pat - and so true too!!
    Pen x

    By Blogger Penelope, at 12:30 pm  

  • Hi Pat

    Keep up the thoughts of the day -they are great.

    I drove past that AA sign this week too, on my way to work! They have that fun night in the high street every year.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home