Kennettworld

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Time for a cuppa?

Tuesdays are a bit fluid for me. Sometimes they can be full, and other times I seem to have loads of time on my hands.

Take today, for instance... I had to go into town to bank a cheque, buy a new handbag on the market (old one shot to pieces), and pick up some milk, fruit and veg from Tesco. I had just paid at the checkout, when I heard my name being called. It was a lady from the church, wondering if I "had time for a cuppa"?

Well, actually, not really - I had 90 minutes in total before I needed to be at a Counselling appointment with someone else.

But do you ever get a nudge? A nudge that said " Make the time, Pat."

So I did. And this lady had met up with another lady, who looked as if she just needed a bit of fellowship. So there we were, in the cafe at lunchtime in Tesco's, sharing testimony over a cuppa, of how good God is; of how His timing is perfect, and that He never lets go of things we commit to Him. I really felt as if God turned up, too. As this (second) lady unfolded a little of where she is on her journey with God right now, I got the feeling that this was a God-appointment, set up for just 45 minutes.

And guess what? I got to the Counselling session with plenty of time to spare, and with a sense of God having worked things together beautifully.

Pat's Thought for the Day:
interruptions are often God's way of writing appointments in the Diary He writes on our behalf.

2 Comments:

  • another good post Pat -keep blogging. Although i can't often post as its banned on pcs at work -I do read them at lunch!

    yeah, why do we often spend time using our diaries in a tug of war with Him!

    'He makes all things beautiful in His time..'

    By Blogger Lisa, at 11:14 pm  

  • thanks for that Pat
    God does work things out in amazing ways in His time. So often I try to rush events in my life, and force reactions out of the world I live in because I want to have an impact.
    But on those occasions where God chooses to do something completely apart from me, I really get to see just how strong He is to do things - and also how beautiful they are when He does them.

    Over time my prayers become shorter and plainer.
    Just "God do what You want"

    Anyway - thanks again Pat

    By Blogger commentator33, at 10:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home