Kennettworld

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I've done it!

Thanks for all your prayers – I received word in the post this morning that I have passed my Counsellor Accreditation! It’s a huge weight off my mind, and a massive relief all round. After all the blood, sweat and tears, and all the doubts and questionings as to whether or not I am actually doing the right thing, it was really significant to me to be able to pass this. This means that I have now satisfied a national secular professional body that I am demonstrably competent to be a Counsellor, which is also significant in the Christian Counselling world, too. Without it, I would have been stuck at a certain pay scale, but more importantly, the way that Government regs are going, in the next few years it will be impossible to call yourself a Counsellor without this accreditation. It was critical for me to be able to pass this, or I'd have to seriously change tack re; vocation and career.

Huge thanks to all who have prayed me through this, and supported me when I just wanted to pack the whole thing in. When I look back at the comments in my blog archives when I was rejected first time around (especially those re; April 11th), your words made such a difference then, and I am so grateful fro them now. Thanks for believing in me, and thank you Lord for sustaining me

4 Comments:

  • Pat,

    Very many congratulations on your news. From your journey that you shared by your blogs you came through it despite the fact that it was painful and far from easy. Well done. Can't find the right words but just know that I am jumping for joy with you.

    :-)

    Sarah

    By Blogger SarahB, at 10:28 pm  

  • I'm glad things have turned out well for you Pat
    God is really good hay!

    By Blogger commentator33, at 6:45 pm  

  • Congratulations to you - and Andy too!
    Love
    Pen x

    By Blogger Penelope, at 10:35 pm  

  • You can do all things through Christ who strenghtens you. amen. Weell done Pat and answers to prayer.

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 10:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home