Kennettworld

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tar and pitch....

Things are pretty busy right now, trying to get Andy ready for Uni in 8 days time

However, I have been meditating much on Pastor’s Mike’s new series on Moses (Sunday mornings – excellent), and the fact that Jochabed (Moses’ mother) placed her baby in a basket covered in tar and pitch. What struck me was that the very place where destruction and death had occurred for who knows how many baby boys, in fact became the place of life and rescue for Moses. And it made me realise that Moses was not spared from the perils of the Nile – he was just on top of it, rather than immersed in it

And that protection was both natural and supernatural. Natural – Jochabed had to lather that basket with a waterproof covering; supernatural in that the basket was drawn to the attention of one of the few people who could make a difference in this child’s survival stakes.

It made me realise that much as I would love to protect Andy from the perils of the world, it is important to let him go. My prayer is that the “Tar and pitch” of our love, and the principles we have taught him, will enable him to be “in the world, but not of it”, and to ride the waves of whatever the future holds, rather than be engulfed by them.

Pat’s Thought for the Day:
When God asks something of us, what is often required is often a combination of His hand working in ours – we are expected to do something, as much as He promises to do something. His Promises are usually conditional on our response. What has God promised you – and have you fulfilled your part yet?

3 Comments:

  • just been introduced to 'blogging' I like your thoughts- who needs the God channel!!! my blogg is TweenieWorld.blogspot.com take care Helen xx

    By Blogger Helen, at 6:54 pm  

  • I was so excited to have a comment on my first blog!! I would love to go on your links page as I have no Blog friends at the moment-ahhh how sad!!! Helenx

    By Blogger Helen, at 8:12 pm  

  • Hi Pat!
    I love today's thought - great stuff....preach it! :-)
    Praying for Andy and you all....
    Love 'n hugs,
    Pen xx

    By Blogger Penelope, at 7:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home