Kennettworld

Monday, September 12, 2005

My Dream...

An Amazing sermon by Pastor Mike last night to round off the series “The Six Phases of Faith”. The Tech Ministries team have put the whole series on DVD – well worth getting, as I think it’s some of the finest preaching I’ve heard in a long time, and certainly the finest from Mike – ever.

Last night’s teaching “Dead ends - and then Deliverance” touched so many chords in my spirit. Much of what God spoke to me about personally is something I need to process in private, but suffice to say that a lot of my dreams have seemed like dead ends for a long while. I have fought and despaired that God had ever shared things with me at all; that I had mis-heard the content; that I was not in the right place to receive or see the fulfilment of the dreams; that I had got the timing all wrong; that time itself was passing me by; that circumstances were stacking against me; that I did not have enough faith to see what I felt to be true; that I was relying on feelings anyway – and at times, combinations of some or even all of the above

But Mike brought such a Word of Hope – reminding me that without faith in Him it is impossible to please Him, whilst also facing up to the reality of the facts as they are and not succumbing to the deliciousness of denial. We need to declare the hope, and witness the dream being fulfilled.

So what is my dream?

Well, it is that God will take all he has allowed me to experience, and the skills He has honed in me, and use me to minister to leaders. I am passionate about the need to uphold pastors in prayer and intercession, and to support and serve wherever we can. But I am also tragically aware that many of them face burnout, disillusionment, despondency, and the losses of their own dreams. For many of them, the strain on their own homes, families and relationships can be overwhelming, and the price their families have to pay feels like too much. I long for a Retreat, where such couples can take a few days out, and have one-to-one focussed and anointed counselling and listening. Not as part of a group, but as individual couples, to gain refreshment., Godly insight, and professional help, all within the framework of a beautiful setting which restores the soul.

The details are immense, and the dream is huge. Accreditation was, I feel, a critical step. I have no idea of God’s timing, or placements. We will serve where we can, to the totality of our ability, and wait on Him.

Pat’s Thought for the Day
I feel a huge sense of risk in sharing this “out loud!” But are there other dreams out there, which by faith we can support each other in?



2 Comments:

  • How exciting Pat, what a beautiful place that will be! I'll pray that dream becomes a reality, what a wonderful desire to hold on to, don't let it go, you know when it's God that plants something deep inside you, no one can take it away, keep the dream.

    By Blogger Helen, at 7:44 pm  

  • Thanks for being bold enough to share your dream. God will honour you for that.

    You have a wonderful vision. I am excited for you and will pray for this to become reality.

    Thinking and praying for you all, particularly as Andy heads off to Huddersfield.

    Thanks for all your encouragement.

    :-)

    Sarah

    By Blogger SarahB, at 10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home