Kennettworld

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A weekend-off beckons.....


Had an appraisal at work today with my line manager. Was a bit tricky, as I am under a lot of pressure to go back to working an evening shift. I was able to negotiate dropping this about 6 months ago, which I felt was so much in God’s plan, as Bible Café has taken off so well, and I desperately need all the study time I can get. The added problem is that I am specifically under pressure to work on Wednesday evenings, which is Bible Café night…

Anyway, you would have been proud of me (John certainly was!) as I stuck to my guns, and have another 6 months reprieve before we have to discuss this again. Worst-case scenario is that I may not be allowed to continue working there if I DON’T work an evening shift. We will have to take this as it comes, but I would value your prayers.

I also appreciate that with a heavy preaching load recently, I am feeling quite run-down – I've developed a sty in my right eye over the last few days (like a large spot on the tip of the eyelid), and I am trying very hard to stop rubbing it raw. Anyway, John and I have planned a break to the Cathedral City of Salisbury from Thursday to Monday, and we are both so much in need of it. I might also try and post some photos soon of our lounge – you wouldn’t believe the state of the “before” at the moment… I pray that the “after” will be worth all the extremely hard work John is putting in….

Have a great weekend

2 Comments:

  • Hope you have/ had a lovely weekend and a good rest, would love to see the new look lounge when it's done,

    take care,
    Helen x.

    By Blogger Helen, at 8:34 pm  

  • pat (& John), hope you had a really great weekend and are feeling refreshed. soon you'll be able to relax at home in your new lounge! Praying re. job situation.
    Ann

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home