Kennettworld

Friday, May 20, 2005

Thanks for the prayers...

Thanks to all those who prayed - and also to my husband, who has the most amazing "knockout prayers" when it ocmes to praying that I'll sleep....

He is also the one who not only bought me the most beutiful roses and fressias on Wednesday, but had also bought me an exquisite hand-painted rose vase, and left me a single red rose in it, in our bedroom ( dead romantic!!) He also treated me to a new MP3 player, onto which he has downloaded 8 great praise CD's, so that instead of listening to sport, politics or MTV at the gym, I get to work out to Hillsong!

As I was doing the last 10 minutes on the bikes earlier today, I had "All things are possible" on full blast in my headphones. I've sung it many times, but suddenly, in the context of a really rough week, the lyrics of "Almighty God, My Redeemer/My hiding place, my Safe refuge/No other name like Jesus/No power can stand against you" became blindingly clear.

On Wednesday evening, coming home from work, I was seriously considering chucking the whole Counselling bit, with all its associated hoop-jumping, endless training and trying to prove that I can do what I'm already doing. I was wondering what to do, and where to work - maybe I could return to my last job ( left early 2001). In the car, I was pleading aloud for God to help me; no fancy prayers here, just plain desperation.

Well, the next day I was scheuled to have lunch with two of my ex-collegues from this last job. I hadn't seen one of them for about 18 months, and it was as if God "helped" me simply be layng out for me what that job now entailed. And it would not be a good idea for me to go back. So I began to consider afresh today that I have to lean heavily on God, keep persevering, and get on with the job in hand.

>Pat's Thought for the Day:
When we ask God for help, let Him do so according to His agenda, and not ours.

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad you've been spoilt since your tough day, even by our Lord. praying for you. nicole

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 10:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home