Kennettworld

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Dropping off the edge.....

No, I haven't dropped off the edge of the world and not mentioned it to anyone... just been a bit manically busy the last few weeks. Not getting to see many of you in church for a few weeks, either, as I'll be manning one of the Chunky Furniture Stands at Craft and Garden Shows in Kent and Herts.

However, things are going well on most fronts. Had my first major check up at Diabetic clinic this week, and they are really pleased with progress. Everything that should be going down is going down (weight, blood sugar levels and blood pressure), and confidence, motivation and intenisty levels on gym machines are all up!!

Also I've now had all the feedback on my draft re-submission for accreditation, and that was a bit of a mixed blessing. I've had very helpful input from 3 people, and one difficult input from the 4th. However, all of them are valid, and I think the final person I spoke to has actually pulled the whole thing together in my head for me. I'm aiming to start compiling all of it this weekend.

Started me thinking, though - it is so human and natural to want change to happen quickly. We usually don't want things to change much, but if they have to, let's get it over and done with ASAP. But diamonds are created over long periods of time - the more precious something is, the longer it takes to make it. We are so impatient with ourselves, and with the changes God makes in our lives, but sometimes things have to be formed slowly in us, so that they will last and maintain. Anyone can bodge something up which looks OK for a short time, but it takes skill and effort to make something that will last a lifetime.

Pat's Thought for the Day
God's plans for you will last into eternity - so give Him space to use your time on earth to build the right foundations for His work in you. It will develop into a unique, priceless treasure - literally a "piece made by the Master - a masterpiece"

1 Comments:

  • Good news about your ups. Hope you collate your assignment well. Praying for you. Nicole

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 8:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home