Kennettworld

Thursday, June 02, 2005

An arrogant day...

Ever had one of those days when you think, “If they could see me now, I dread to think what they’d say…..”

I’ve been a grouch most of the day. Started really when I got a less-than-helpful appraisal report at work, which is as yet only a “draft” – which means I have to discuss it with my Supervisor soon…. Most of me wanted to throttle him today, so it’s probably just as well that we weren’t in the same space at the same time. So many hurts surfaced, real and imagined, throughout the day. I also had to battle computers and printers that didn’t work this morning, and should have just kept my head down, and got on with things.

Then in the two hours I had “spare” in the middle of the day, I had to go to the bank (queues), and the main Post Office (unbelievable queues) to send off my accreditation re-submission – which has FINALLY been authorised (after only 8 drafts!!) via registered post. As you walk down Chelmsford High Street these days, you are often confronted by “The Clipboard Gang” – people who promise that they are not trying to sell you anything - “Honest”.

Yeah, right.

They infuriate me at the best of times, but today I must have had the prow of a battleship welded in front of me, because they tried to take a step towards me, then backed off pretty quick…

Just as well, then, that only one of my 3 clients turned up at work tonight. I was in no mood to face too many, and God in His grace probably protected them from me. I was bored, so read a little from Brennan Manning’s book “Ragamuffin Gospel”. It was like balm to the soul, and I spent most of two hours reading and repenting of such an arrogant attitude. It might be hormonal – could even be pre-menopausal (!!!) - but it was wrong, and should not have happened, let alone be fostered by my desire for attention, and internal temper tantrums.

Sleep might help – usually does – so from one rather chastised woman, goodnight.


1 Comments:

  • hey Pat
    wow - don'y we all have days like that...
    I know me saying that won't be much consolation because, God doesn't accept excuses like "well everyone has those kind of days".
    Anyway it's still cool to know that we aren't the only ones in the world who struggle with attitude problems.

    lol

    that's something I've been thinking about alot recently. I've got such major attitude problems, and the weird thing is people wouldn't think so becuase they don't surface (much)and are really internal.
    Makes me feel like a Pharisee, where on the outside I look alright, but inside I know I've got serious problems.

    examples...
    like when I catch myself being more willing to do the right thing when I'm being wacthed by others

    like when I only start working hard at something when my own interests are at heart, and I realise that I should really be working hard out of love for God, not myself...

    I suppsoe I could go on, but I'll stop there for now
    (this is you blog after all - lol)

    Anyway, will be praying for Andy's exams
    shasa

    By Blogger commentator33, at 10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home