Kennettworld

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Busyness...

Busy week right now – one of the busiest this side of Christmas. I happen to be out every night Monday to Friday, and three of these nights are planning meetings. Some of them involve looking at pretty short–term stuff, others potentially much further away in time.

I wasn’t sure how I was physically going to get through this week, as my daytime scheduling was looking pretty crammed as well.

Then it dawned on me, that I was actually highly privileged to be so involved in a variety of groups within the church, where I could have some specific input. I believe God has some amazing things for our church to be involved in – not least the Moulsham Street Lighting-Up Ceremony and fun in the church afterwards, this coming Saturday. It’s always been something great to be involved in, and we have been as a family ever since we moved here in 1977 – and it was running for many years before that. It has naturally grown amazingly in the last few years, and each year we welcome hundreds of folk through the doors who might otherwise not have come. It’s also a time for people to really get involved and meet other church folk as they do practical preparations – from tying strings on 1200 balloons, to chair-moving, to face painting, to singing, to leafleting, to cups-of-tea-making, to sharing their faith.

It’s always a busy day, but great fun.

And as I was beginning to wonder if my stamina would make it to Sunday, God changed my diary towards the end of the week, and I now have some more hours than I originally thought – so feel that His hand is on these details too.

Pat’s Thought for the Day;
I often hear people say “I’m taking one day at a time”. But in times of great busyness, sometimes I feel as if it’s an hour at a time, and I try to cram far too much in, often unrealistically. But God is gracious, and when I need Him to, He often has a way of changing things around, brining people alongside to help, and making a day stretch as far as I need.. His concept of time is so far above us, yet He steps into the maelstrom of our lives, with a Touch of Eternity, and somehow things work out. This is not to be abused or presumed on, though – God did ordain rest on a regular basis, and we need to be responsible in that, too

1 Comments:

  • sometimes it's so awful to look at what the diary says for the week and you wonder how on earth you are going to fit everything in, but somehow we do, isn't life mad sometimes but God sees and helps, thankfully!

    By Blogger Helen, at 3:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home