Kennettworld

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Footfalls...

Quite an emotionally-packed few days this weekend

Friday was really busy, what with an early-morning gym workout – Helen, keep going! – followed by coffee and I think a possibly highly significant talk with a dear friend, then off to buy some stuff ready for Andy to go back to Huddersfield Uni. Then over to my mum’s, where, together with my sister, we booked a 3-day holiday later in the year to celebrate her birthday – more details nearer the time!

Then back home – to some cooking some goodies for Andy’s trip up north (student housemates love chocolate cake!) and sorting out final packing. Seems much less than 3 weeks that he’s been home.

Then that evening I got a phone call, asking me to preach at next Sunday night’s evening service. Honoured to be asked, but feeling a huge sense of responsibility. I love to preach, and spent quite a lot of missed sleep going over possibilities in my mind of what to talk about. Think I have the “seed thought” on which to build over the coming few days, but would value prayers. Only managed 2 hours sleep that night, though…

Then yesterday, spent a total of about 12 hours getting Andy back up North, what with John doing some serious diagnostics in Andy’s room to try to get his wireless broadband connection up and running. The consultation fees otherwise needed would have cost a fortune…

A long drive home, as part of our planned route was closed on the return trip, so got home very tired, but grateful for John’s “knockout prayers” which ensured a sound, deep sleep. And then lying in bed, after John has already left to set up the PA system for the early service, listening to footfalls around the house, and realising that I don’t have to think which son is moving around, as only one of them is here…

Pat’s Thought for the Day;

Do you know that God listens for your footfalls? He not only knows where you are; He is also interested in how you got there, and why you are there. No movement is beyond his scope, and no intention of your heart escapes His notice. There may be times when you might step outside of His Will, but you can never be outside His Care


4 Comments:

  • Hi Pat & John - really enjoyed your company this evening - couldn't believe the time when l got in the car it just flew by - thanks for all the positive input in the conversation it was soooo refreshing.
    see ya soon from this little hedgehog oh and my best mate the rhino !!

    By Blogger Tracie, at 9:08 pm  

  • mmmm the mind boggles??!hedgehog!Rhino!
    Pat, it's my turn to go next sunday evening, so I can hear you preach, looking forward to it, preach it sister!!!

    By Blogger Helen, at 9:25 pm  

  • Please get Tracie to explain about the hedgehog and Rhino, my curiosity is getting the better of me.

    I don't normally go to evening service but will now next week as I'd love to hear you preach. Excellent! Will be praying for you to sleep between now and then...

    :-)

    By Blogger SarahB, at 12:38 am  

  • See Tracie's blog for explanation of the Rhino and The Hedgehog!!

    By Blogger PatK, at 8:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home