Kennettworld

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Someone to Watch Over Me....

Just got back from Small Group tonight, on the first of the run-up to the new 40 Days series

One of our readings was Psalm 31, and these verses really impressed on my spirit:

“Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city. In my alarm I said, "I am cut off from your sight!" Yet you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help. “
Psalm 31:21-22


I know there are many times when I can’t see a way out of something, and it feels like I am besieged. It is that panic of the childish mentality (to which we all run under stress) which believes that if we can’t see God, then obviously He can’t see us!

Pat’s Thought for the Day:

So-called “Reality TV” has made the concept of “Someone’s Watching You” (“Big Brother” et al) into something to be devoutly feared. Yet God’s love is demonstrated in the fact that He constantly watches over us with love, with provision, with understanding, with grace, and meeting all our needs. All that takes time. So it’s just as well that He also doesn’t need sleep…….


1 Comments:

  • Encouraging words,
    Pat I just love your little cat picture,it's so sweet!

    By Blogger Helen, at 12:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home