Kennettworld

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Ongoing Sagas....

Hi folks

As of today, the HSL (Hall Stairs and Landing) have now had the right gloss on the whole skirting board, kneeposts, banisters, handrails….. on and on….. plus two coats of Ivory Lace Silk Emulsion on all the walls. My hand is suffering RSI from painting, but John has now labelled me “The Roller Queen”. Sadly, it’s not a Rolls Royce, but Mistress of paint rollers! I am shattered – a worrying number of people in church this morning told me I was looking very tired – but the flooring and carpet are on order, so hopefully, in the next few weeks, Chez Kennett should look considerably better.

The REALLY worrying thing has been all of the things we’ve put up with whilst decorating, that you would not normally consider – like the current sock box is in the bath (don’t ask…..), my kitchen is chock a block full of paint tins, paintbrushes, stirring sticks, coat hooks…. I have a stepladder in my bathroom….. and the house has been freezing as we have also painted the loft hatch – had to leave it open for the paint to dry!

All this madness - I think I must be getting something contagious from Helen Tween…

3 Comments:

  • Glad to be of service Pat, have you thought of painting a fire place or perhaps the outside walls, once that paintbrush is in your hand, there's no stopping you, John had better not stand still or he may be painted Ivory white too, now my next project is Jonathans room!

    AAAAAGHHH help I'm being taken over by a paintbrush!!
    Hee hee have fun!

    By Blogger Helen, at 9:46 pm  

  • now i'm intrigued about the sock box in the bath...
    We need a painting and decorating party over here soon, reading the blogs it sounds like a team is in the making!!!
    Well done, i must say, when you said 'roller Queen' I thought it was a reflection on how fast you had painted(roller skates) a bizarre mental image is taking over!!!

    By Blogger Zanne, at 7:35 am  

  • Hi Pat,
    just to let you know; thinking of you - and missing your blogs lately - l take it life is busy at the mo - god bless you - from trace

    By Blogger Tracie, at 9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home