Kennettworld

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Race for Life 2006


Can't beat the blogs of those who have pipped me to the post - see Rhi's blog and Helen's blog for pictures - guess who forgot her camera! - but here's living proof that we all took part and had a great time. With 6000 entrants the "Walkers" start was a bit ragged, and I somehow managed to lose the rest of the group before we actually crossed the start line. I did try to wait back for you guys, but was kind of pushed along by the crowd....

It took about 2 km for the whole thing to start spreading out a bit, and I was able to open up my stride - having had a phone call from Rhi asking where I was! Delighted to say I managed to finish in 1 hour and 1 minute exactly! Also thanks to my sponsors, as I raised just over £250 for this worthy cause

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home