Kennettworld

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Flypast and fanfares....



I suppose I’d best let a cat out of the bag – I like watching the Trooping of the Colour

I indulged myself this morning and watched the whole event on TV – makes it worth the TV licence! I love the precision marching, the attention to details, and all the ceremonial.

This year was a bit special – yes, I know the Queen is 80 – but it was the turn of the Welsh Guards to parade their stuff. So I got to sing along to a great medley of classic welsh music as well! One special highlight was that part of the fabulous flypast came over Essex, so we were dashing out into the garden to watch them fly overhead, and when the last group passed over, we dashed back into the lounge to see the first group come in over the Mall – amazing!

Got me thinking, though, about how much of a team event it is, and all with one purpose – to honour the Queen. We are all called to play our part on God’s team, from the oldest to the youngest - the flypast encompassed planes from the Battle of Britain to the latest RAF jets.

And we all should have one purpose in mind – that whatever we do, honours the King of Kings

Happy Birthday Ma’am, and God Bless You

2 Comments:

  • l too saw some of the "flypast" in the garden........just wanted to say thanks for the prayers Pat my neck is almost back to normal.
    from Tracie.....

    By Blogger Tracie, at 10:33 pm  

  • I applied for two tickets for trooping the colours one year. Apparently they put all the tickets in a barrel and pick what ever amount they need. Needless to say I didn't get any. The next year I applied I wrote a letter stating' My dad was in the army and fought for Britain and I'd like 2 tickets please. I got tem I was so excited to go because after the war my dad said He did trooping the colours in England. I did get them. I took a welsh friend she was not so enthusiastic about seeing the queen as I did coming from a commmonwealth country. Glad you enjoyed it Pat.

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home