Kennettworld

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Leaving "Do"!




Just thought you'd like a few pics of my leaving "Do" from my Counselling Agency.


I was amazed at the number of people who came - some people will do anything for free food!!! - but I was genuinely touched by the numbers of those who turned up.


Many of these social events prove to be rare occasions of frivolity in an otherwise fairly stressful working environment. When we do get together, we usually all contribute to the food, and over the years, John's Coronation Chicken has become a firm favourite . Nobody bothers to ask me what I'm bringing anymore - just as long as I come with a trayload of his chicken! I do give him the credit every time, but somehow this event became a lot to do with chicken in various forms! My mate Sally even made me a tissue paper chicken as a memento! Sally is also a brilliant poetess, and wrote "An Ode to Pat", which she read out, and then presented me with a framed copy of the poem.

I was also given a beautiful bouquet, and a very nice cheque, which I am spending on cardmaking equipment - something for me to do in all this free time I'll have, you understand!

My thanks to all who made it a special time, and I am currently trying to have 2 weeks off before formally starting at Bible Cafe as Team Leader

Love to you all



2 Comments:

  • Nice piccies pat, all the best to you as you start something new.

    Thanks for your help to me, it is very much appreciated,

    lotsa love,

    Helen x.

    By Blogger Helen, at 7:12 pm  

  • Hi Pat,

    I seem to have missed all of August, where has it gone?!! It must feel strange now, to have given up counselling, but the opportunity of Bible Cafe is so exciting - just think of the harvest. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a course just yet.

    I cannot imagine you'll have loads of spare time knowing you but would love to meet up for a card making session (I'm just starting my Christmas cards!!)or a cuddling session with Naomi.

    God bless.

    Sarah x

    By Blogger SarahB, at 10:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home