Kennettworld

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Not feeling so good....

This week I feel as if I've been put in for an MOT, and come out with a pretty poor report!

First, I needed new glasses, and it's taken me a while to get used to these new varifocals - poor Dave Stoneham almost got completely bypassed in Tesco, as he was in my peripheral vision, and I couldn't see him (honest! I wasn't really ignoring you!)

Then in town on Thursday morning I stopped for a cuppa, only to have one of my dental crowns fall out. Made an appointment with the dentist (yuk), only to be told that as the crown was 20 years old, it's not done badly, but what was underneath has decayed, so I have to go back in 2 weeks to have the stump removed completely (even more yuk)

And in the last 48 hours I've come down with a cold and very sore throat, and lost my voice. I had to spend most of today in a training session on Drug and Alcohol addictions (excellent teaching), but I'm feeling wrung out. John cooked a lovely meal to come home to, very soft on the throat, and much appreciated

Which means John has recommended I stay home tomorrow, and try to rest. But it's made me think; the dental crown appeared OK to me, but underneath, the tooth was simply dying, very, very slowly. It is possible for spiritual decay to also be so slow that we miss it altogether. Maybe it's worth checking on a regular basis - certainly more regularly than I go for dental check-ups! But it's also OK and quite human to feel run-down once in a while, espcailly as it's been a bit manic recently.

Pat's Thought for the Day:
When decay is exposed, it often has a foul smell. But God considers the prayers of his saints to be as sweet incense before Him. Which would you rather smell of?


2 Comments:

  • Another stonking good blog.

    Hope you are soon feeling much better. Any chance of you putting your feet up?

    Love and prayers,

    :-)

    Sarah

    By Blogger SarahB, at 11:23 pm  

  • Hi Pat

    Thanks for another good thought. Hope you are feeling better real soon. This cold/virus sure is getting around.
    Try and put your feet up, have a lemsip and relax.

    Take care
    Lisa

    By Blogger Lisa, at 4:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home