Kennettworld

Monday, March 21, 2005

Diagnosis confirmed...

A huge thank you to all those who have been praying - diabetes was confirmed this afternoon.

However, the practise nurse seemed very pleased at the steps I've already taken to address weight loss and a change in lifestyle. My blood levels are way down, and looking good. I just need to keep on doing it, and practising what I now know to be important for me. I feel better, in just a few short weeks, and in the nicest possible way, I pray that over the next few months, you will all see less of me!

I've loved reading Sarah's blogs re; 40 Days - they have been an inspiration. I can identify with her blog for today, though - as I certainly don't feel like an evangelist. I know God has enabled me to teach believers, but in many ways, I feel very inadequate in sharing my faith to non-believers. But after Oaks & Acorns ( our Adults & toddler group) this morning, I popped over to a local sandwich shop to pick up some lunch for us. Whilst there, one of the ladies serving looked straight at me, and said, "You're from Elim Church, aren't you?" I told her yes, and wondered how she knew ( wasn't weaing my Oaks & Acorns shirt at the time, either!)

She said " I used to go there when I was little, and you used to hold my hand in Bible school". Apart from initially making me feel very old (!), I told her that we'd love to see her back anytime, and please come for Easter. Maybe that was encouraging one lady to take one step closer in returning to a faith of her youth. Is that what Tony meant by evangelism yesterday? I think maybe it might.....

Pat's Thought for the Day:
Telling someone about Jesus is often harder for us to contemplate than actually DO. Somehow, once you do it, it doesn't seem half as scary....

3 Comments:

  • Pat,

    Will continue praying re your diabetes.

    Reading your blog I was touched by this lady and the tenderness of her memory. I was really encouraged when I read this as not everyone would have thought to invite her to a service. Just your approachability could make all the difference to her. We can pray confidently to a God who answers prayer.

    Love and smaller hugs (for a smaller person :-)

    Sarah :-)

    PS - YNH You need heaven?

    By Blogger SarahB, at 12:39 am  

  • well done Pat with the evangleism thing!!!

    By Blogger commentator33, at 10:58 pm  

  • We need to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit and being obedient to devine appointments. I keep trying with my neighbours. At least one asked for prayer. Praise the Lord

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 7:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home