Kennettworld

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Pretty Woman....

My thanks go to my very special sister, who yesterday treated me like a princess…

Have you ever seen the movie “Pretty Woman”? (One of my favourite films) There is this wonderful scene where Julia Robert’s character has been asked to buy a dress for a special meal, and she has trouble getting someone in Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive to help her get a suitable dress. After many tears, Richard Gere accompanies her to a clothes store, where the manager says, “How much money are we going to spend, sir?” If you know the film, you’ll know the line, so I won’t spoil it for you…!!

Suffice to say, that having worked hard on my diet, kept my blood sugar levels very well down, and lost 3 stone and 2 lbs to date (and still dropping), we invaded Bluewater, and purchased a brand new wardrobe, as most of my existing clothes kind of hang on me. I felt a bit guilty, but it was an incredible day, and I shall have great fun in Canada (18 days and 18 hours to go – but who’s counting…) showing off some wonderful mix-and match clothes. You’ll be seeing a brand new me fairly soon.

I was also treated (by Rhi) to the most wonderful goody bag – thank you, my love, it was (and is) beautiful.

Also to one very incredible husband, who turned not a hair, had cooked supper for us, and ooooh’d and aahhhh’d during the resulting fashion show last night…

7 Comments:

  • Ooooh Bluewater - lucky girlie,you. Really glad that you are getting a reward for all your perseverence (I must go on your diet as I have at least three stone to lose :-( I hope you are proud of yourself for achieving this weight loss. Can't wait to see the show...

    Well done.

    Hugs,

    Sarah :-)

    By Blogger SarahB, at 10:01 pm  

  • hey, you go for it pat!! thats so cool!

    By Blogger ginger luke, at 9:33 pm  

  • Well done Pat!!!
    Pen xx

    By Blogger Penelope, at 1:17 pm  

  • Fantastic! Good for you!

    By Blogger Lisa, at 10:00 pm  

  • keep on going Pat
    it's good and proper to enjoy the life God has given us, and it puts a smile on my face to see people do so

    hope all continues to go well
    God Bless Pat

    shasa

    By Blogger commentator33, at 11:59 pm  

  • Saw you from afar at church today and thought just how good you look after the Bluewater experience. Speak to you soon.

    :-)

    Sarah

    By Blogger SarahB, at 8:28 pm  

  • I thought you looked good on sunday too. Welldone Pat with the diet, not easy, the nurse speaking. Nicole

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home