Kennettworld

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

On Being Accused...

Yesterday was a pretty awful day.

Had a really difficult time in my Supervision group at work, where I was accused of an attitude that was actually not true. It was done in public, with little time for a considered or formulated response on my part. The accusation was made by a lady who had given it a week’s careful thought after something I had mentioned the previous week…

To cut a long story short, I felt completely floored as to how best to answer her, and she pointed out that I should “reflect on the implications of the possibility of this attitude…” My Supervisor, bless her, tried to be very impartial, but said that she considered that I was not guilty of any such accusation. Then all eyes were on me for my response. I simply said, “I do not consider that I displayed such an attitude. I will reflect on your comment”, and promptly shut up. It’s hard to stay completely silent for an hour when people are trying to involve you in discussion, but I was experiencing a lot of raw emotions.

It would be brilliant to tell you that I have spent the intervening day in prayer, and sorted out my feelings

The truth?…

The truth is it left me devastated, unjustly accused, wanting to hit out at her, and just plain pout. There were many tears last night, and then we went out to our Small Groups Meeting, where we studied the persecution of the Early Church, which resulted in them being scattered! I guess I did not really want to hear about the “benefits” of suffering!

Pat’s Thought for the Day
At one point in all my sulking, my experience yesterday made me think of how unjustly Christ was accused, how public it was, and how that accusation ended in His death. And He uttered not a word in His defence, nor did he take or even think any vengeance against His accusers. Such love….

4 Comments:

  • Not sure why comments have not been possible - sorry Helen & Tracie - I'm trying to fix it

    By Blogger PatK, at 7:51 am  

  • Oh pat how horrible for you, you need to sit and think of the many peoples lives you have influenced and encouraged because of good words you have spoken, you need to try and remember all the encouragement people have given to you of how you have truly blessed them through word and deed (me one of them!) and just forget the old bat! (oh I need to pray more to be like Jesus!!) we think you are great, sleep well!

    By Blogger Helen, at 2:55 pm  

  • How scatty am l, l've now forgotton my well planned comment of yesterday !! Well nevermind l'll say Here Here to Helen ! and also l'll have to work on that 'more like Jesus' bit - long way to go l think !!
    I'm off to bed now Pat - 11pm that 'll be an early one then !!
    Hoping to get some better bedtimes real soon !! Have to say time has been really blessed of late though.

    By Blogger Tracie, at 11:00 pm  

  • Pat,

    Really sorry to hear what happened - sounds awful. You have a great attitude, compassionate heart and much wisdom, unfortunately some people can only see things from one dimension -theirs.

    Two things struck me when reading your blog:

    1. How brave it is of you to share it reminding us of how Jesus suffered for us unjustly.
    2. How you have turned a painful experience into one where we can worship God. Phenomenal!

    Will pray about this for you.

    Big hug.

    :-)

    By Blogger SarahB, at 11:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home