Kennettworld

Friday, January 20, 2006

Challenge accepted...


1865727 - yup. that's me, folks!

At least, that will be the number on the front of my T-shirt on 25th June 2006, when I enter the Race for Life at Hylands Park. I have picked up the gauntlet from my kid sister, and have been accepted as a "runner" this morning.

I say "runner", as my aim is to actually walk the course, but I have stepped up my gym work, and now have something specific to aim for.

A good all round package really - I'll be training to keep myself fit and the diabetes under control; to obviously raise money for Cancer UK, and also in memory of Neil, a very dear friend and complete inspiration.

I would deeply appreciate any sponsorship, but more of that nearer the time. Managed 1.5 km on the cross-trainer and 2.5 km on the treadmill at 6;30 am this morning - not that I am boasting, you understand.....

4 Comments:

  • Count me in on sponsoring you. I'm going to be doing (hopefully)the Great North Run in October. I did it with Neil in 2004. I need to start training as well.

    Mo

    By Blogger Mo&Marks Morsals, at 10:27 am  

  • How spooky - we must have been registering at the same time!!!! Have you done the online page you can get sponsors that way. Let me know your page etc if/when you do it and I will sponsor you. I have measured (approx) the distance mine to yours = 2.5 miles so will have to walk that soon. 5k is 3.1 miles apparently. Well Done :)

    By Blogger rhi, at 12:05 pm  

  • Rhi and mo (and anyone else who wishes to sponsor me!)- have opened up a sponsorship website - can be found at http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/patkennett
    Sorry - I haven't cracked how to do this as a hyperlink, but I can add it to my links page.

    And as dear Charlie would say - "Here's thanking you in anticipation!"

    By Blogger PatK, at 12:33 pm  

  • Pat your doing great at the gym! and all at 6.30 am! well done!
    I will register too and do the race for life, well I'd better get training!

    By Blogger Helen, at 6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home