Kennettworld

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Practise what you preach...

Just thought all you bloggers might like to know that yes, 36 hours after I preached on "How to Handle Change When It Comes, and When It Doesn't", Yours Truly was thrown another major change at work this morning!

I was in a group with 4 other colleagues (one of whom is my Director at work!), and it was really interesting to see how they reacted to a pretty big change. I did not, however, say " Well, I have these sermon notes you might find helpful....!"

It was thought-provoking, though, to see how many of the 5 principles came into play in the space of half an hour. I watched and listened as "Inflexibility", "Trying to Change/Modify the Plan", "Apparent Demotion" and "Arguing for a Different Pace in the Change" were all there! I had to smile....

Pat's Thought for the Day:
I was reassured that this word should be tested in me so quickly after sharing it - I think it might prove something....

1 Comments:

  • Always a clear indication that you said the right thing (sunday evening) - and that quick it must have been good - looking forward to hearing it.

    By Blogger Tracie, at 10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home