Kennettworld

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Appraisals...



It was the first stage of my annual appraisal at work yesterday.

Had not really been looking forward to it, as the last year has been “turbulent” to say the least. A lot of staff changes have meant that I'vehave had to have a series of different supervisors since my last appraisal – actually 5 in total – which means that the one I now have has not been with me very long, and is very unsure of our particular polices and procedures on many things, including appraisal protocols.

Sounds a lot of waffle, but the upshot is that I had to challenge much of what she said, and that is never easy. I now have the second stage to follow, where I meet my Line Manager. Politics are playing a very large part in this right now, and although my competence is not being challenged, my working hours are under threat, so this could mean a huge wage-cut.

I know God has things in control, and I am so encouraged by what God has done for Helen this last week, but I have been in a very similar situation once before, and it took months to sort out.

Sometimes we get very direct attacks on our sense of security. For me, recently, the house feels like it’s been under attack. John and I have spent time in prayer over this, but now it feels like my job is under threat as well.

Your prayers for wisdom and strength would be much appreciated

Pat’s Thought for the Day
“My people will live in peaceful dwelling-places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest”. Isaiah 32:18

3 Comments:

  • Thanks for sharing that Pat - l think that there seems to be a lot of people coming under a lot of attack at the moment, so l am going to believe that God is on the verge of doing something very good - l am going to save that bible verse as it is very relavant to me at this time so thank you for sharing it and l will pray for your work situation and will also pray against the attack on the home front.
    God Bless
    from tracie
    Thanks for your prayers and comment on Luke.

    By Blogger Tracie, at 9:39 am  

  • Yes Pat it sounds very unsettling at the moment, times like these can be very hard, we know God has a perfect plan for us and as I wrote in my blog the working out of it is sometimes 'pants in the process!' (not scriptual at all!)
    It does help to know that there are loads that care for you and can support you in prayer at this time,

    luv from me!

    By Blogger Helen, at 1:39 pm  

  • One of the things I love about your blogging ministry is your "realness" and openness. You are in a real tough place right now but God will not let your foot slip. Praying for you during these times.


    Hugs too.

    :-)

    Sarah x

    By Blogger SarahB, at 11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home