Kennettworld

Friday, May 19, 2006

Spiritual truths....


Reading Tracie’s blog earlier today I was reminded of how incredibly spiritually aware children can be.

Not long after my Dad died, I wanted to place some flowers at his grave. Andy was with me in the car – only about 8 years old at the time. I asked him if he was OK to go. “Yes” was the simple reply. I wondered how he would take it, as this was the first time he had seen Dad’s grave.

As I bent down with the flowers, his little voice said “You know Gramps isn’t here, don’t you, Mum?”

I was wondering how to explain things to him, fearing that he might be in denial or something.

“No. Gramps isn’t here. His old body is, I know, but Jesus made him a new one, which was waiting for him in heaven, and when Gramps got up there, Jesus just poured Gramps into his new body”

If that isn’t the finest teaching on the existence of a soul and our glorious hope, I don’t know what is……

Out of the mouths of babes….

1 Comments:

  • Pat that is very beautiful, I remember this being talked about at the time, we certainly do learn alot from the truth that comes from the mouth of a child.

    Praise God that there is new life in eternity with Him forever.

    By Blogger Helen, at 12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home