Kennettworld

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Running Update...

I was surfing through some images under Google on “running”, and saw this!

The training for “Race for Life” is going well, and I am managing some decent workouts in the gym 3-4 times a week, together with weekly circuits around the estate where I live, covering a 3.2 mile course in a consistent 63 minutes (not quite as fast as Dave Gilbey!)


Mum, Rhi and I have started doing this circuit on Wednesday evenings, so if anyone wants to join in, please do! With I month and 28 days to go, it’s good to keep the focus up.

I think the London Marathon this last week was a real inspiration of feel-good stories, and it was remarkable to see so many people doing so well for themselves and for their chosen charities But it inspired me – no, not to run the marathon! – but to try to keep making healthy choices where I can, and to work on a day-to-day basis. I know I have made dreadful choices regarding food in the past, and not been good about consistent exercise.
However, I know that the diabetes now means that I have a really big choice daily, and when I can work this through well, I feel so much better for it.

Have a great Bank Holiday weekend, everyone. I shall be doing some in-depth training for work on Friday and Saturday, and then am manning the Chunky Furniture stand at the Knebworth Country Show on Sunday and Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home