Kennettworld

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Just a normal Saturday....

Just returned from my last-ever-but-one Show for Chunky Garden Furniture. It’s been an interesting couple of years helping out my brother and all, but with all that this next few months and years possibly holds, I’m giving up the show circuit.

However, today was a one-day only show, and it was really great to share it with my sister Rhi. I consider myself extremely blessed to have her as a sister, and the two of us could not be closer. I know that those of you who know her will understand how precious that relationship is to me - though I will have to forgive someone today who came onto our stand and referred to her as my daughter!

There were some quiet moments on the stand, and it was fun playing the “Who’s really interested?” game, and “Which gazebo (on other stands) is going to blow over first?” The stand selling macramé (!!) opposite us, who had spent nearly an hour first thing fighting against the wind won that round hands down, shortly followed by our next-door -neighbour! Then we had the Dancing JCB’s (honest!!!) in the Show Ring, and some amazing stunt motorcycle teams. Oh, we also sold some furniture as well!!

But as for the future – well, I am really looking forward to working with Gareth and Bob and our new team for the Adult Bible School here at Chelmsford Elim. As I will be heading up the School Of Ministry, it is a huge challenge, and one I am very excited about. My heart is to see people relax into what God has called them to do, yet also be challenged and inspired to find new paths for each stage of their Journey in Him. Having spent months in preparation meetings with Bob & Gareth, it will also be a time for learning for me, both in Bob’s thorough grounding in Theology, and Gareth’s amazing insights into Apologetics – do come, you’re in for a great treat1 Taster evenings start on Wednesday 4th October 2006, and run for 6 weeks in total.
Anyway, just one thought before I sign off – can anyone tell me what the definitive meaning of LOL is? Whenever I have been texted with this as an ending, I assumed it meant “LOTS OF LOVE”. I am now wondering if it actually means “LAUGH OUT LOUD” – Please enlighten me, before I make some pretty huge mistakes!! Or does anyone know of anywhere I could get some help on Text-speak – anyone got a list of TLA’s ( Three-Letter-Abbreviations)???!! Or fancy making some up??

3 Comments:

  • Hi Pat!

    hope it goes well, sounds brill!
    I think lol can mean lots of love and laugh out loud or lots of lollies!

    have a good week!

    By Blogger Helen, at 4:46 pm  

  • it's laugh out loud!

    brb -be right back

    ptb -please text back

    etc etc...

    By Blogger Lisa, at 7:13 pm  

  • Looking forward to the teaching Pat, thankyou for your input. Nicole

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 8:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home