Kennettworld

Friday, October 13, 2006

Weights and Aches....

Bible Café has now started, and it’s only 5 days until I kick off preaching with the School of Ministry.

It has taken a great deal of my brainpower to get to this point, and I’m now at the stage of “Why did I agree to this? Is this the right material? How will it be received? Will anyone turn up….” and so on. Pretty standard preacher collywobbles, really!

It is at this point that I have to really lean into God, and pray that He knows what He is doing. If you do get to Bible Cafe this Wednesday night, hopefully some of this will actually make sense, but at the moment, it all seems a bit on the blurry side….

I met Helen (by chance) at the gym this week, and she has valiantly persuaded me to book in to have one of the trainers instruct me on some of the weights machines. So far, I have stuck to the three main pieces of equipment that I was first shown how to use – the cross-trainer, resistance bike and treadmill. I vary times and programmes within these, but essentially, I stick to these three. Helen assured me that better toned muscles help all round. I therefore booked up the one and only session they had free next week that I could make – namely 7 am next Monday morning! It should be my week off Oaks and Acorns Playgroup, but if anything, I’ll have to get up even earlier – typical! And a Monday,too – I mean….

Anyway, If this doesn’t work, I will lovingly know who to blame…..

1 Comments:

  • Oh Pat I am sitting here laughing to myself as if I know what I'm talking about - the next fitness guru!! well I do know a bit about exercise I just haven't done much! but like you I am on track now!

    But 7.00 am, you deserve a medal!

    Go for it Pat, I'll see you soon and you can let me know how you are doing.......

    (we could do a dvd together!)

    By Blogger Helen, at 7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home