Kennettworld

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Kevin & Margaret...

What a weekend...

Kevin & Margaret came to visit us, but I feel that God visited us through them.

This was not an interruption of the 40 days...

..rather it was moving the 40 days up a gear or two. God met with so many of us who are hurting through what life throws at us, through rejection, shame, or loss. In some ways, I feel as if I've just lived at church for two days - case of the "First in, last out Kennetts"! But it has been pretty amazing to be in His presence, and to see God at work amongst us.

Such a privilege to pray with people, and to know that God was meeting huge needs for them...

I know I have many of the individuals I prayed for very much on my heart, on my mind and in my ongoing prayers. Much of what went on is very private, and that is exactly as it should be. God is not a God who exposes individuals; He gently deals with deep issues, and if we allow Him to, He will begin a process of necessary change to bring about freedom from the things that hold us back.

We all know this; but sometimes it's important to allow that knowledge to permeate our actions and behaviours, as well as our reactions and our emotions.

No thought for the day; I'm still soaking in Him, and that is more than enough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home