Kennettworld

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Keep on walking...

As part of a new lifestyle, one of the things I need to do is take considerably more exercise.

It is therefore with some excitement that I can actually say "I've joined a gym!" Thanks to my mum, I have joined Esporta (as a partner to her), and have already had some fun there with her. So far, I am takiing things carefully, and only using the treadmill, until I can get the weight moving , and get fitter. I really value the suport of friends and family, as this now has to be a lifestyle change, and not just a phase I go through. However, having made a committment to walking, whether at the gym or around the streets where I live, I can already appreciate the difference made in a few weeks

I know that any action plan for change is taken one step at a time, and this is literally true for me. It is also true in the Kingdom. It IS possible for things to happen spectacularly, all at once, but I think such times are rare. We should therefore never devalue when God works in someone's life, be it externally or internally, over the course of time. Each and every step is an important part of each journey, whether it's to lose weight, get fit, or simply aim to be a better reflector of God's love today than I was yesterday.

Pat's Thought for the Day:
One of the members of our 40 Days Small group said a few weeks ago "You know what is really important in your life, because that's the thing you'll make time to do". I wonder what's really important for you right now?

3 Comments:

  • Good luck with your lifetstyle change. It's something I need to do too. Anything that I can do to help please let me know. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

    :-)

    Keep on walking...

    Sarah

    PS - my filling fell out today so a trip to the dentist :-((

    By Blogger SarahB, at 12:44 am  

  • Well done Pat - for putting the words 'excitement' and 'gym' in the same sentence - it's something I've never been able to do!!! :-)

    Someone was talking about 'prayer walks' the other day - maybe this could be the next small group??!?!? (that's after the bloggers small group has been set up, of course!)

    By Blogger Penelope, at 7:49 pm  

  • It's being consistant that is important. Keep at it a step at a time. Well done Pat. It is not easy to lose weight as we all know but what is harder is keeping the weight down.

    By Blogger Nicole's Psalm, at 8:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home